RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
Share a photo of your Autocar truck in an Independence Day parade, decorated in red, white, and blue, or participating in any patriotic festivities.
Participants are invited to submit original photos to our Independence Day photo contest.
The grand prize winner will receive an expenses-paid trip to the Autocar factory near Indianapolis, Indiana for him/herself and up to five colleagues (total of six travelers). The trip will include lodging, airfare, and transfers, a private tour of the Autocar factory, and tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Hall of Fame Museum. The truck from the winning photo may be featured in the Autocar 2016 Calendar, subject to approval by Autocar, LLC.
The approximate retail value of the prize is $5,000.
This contest is sponsored by Autocar, LLC. The contest is open to anyone who owns or operates an Autocar truck, excluding employees of Autocar, LLC; Autocar Industries, LLC; or their respective distributors or affiliates. The contest begins on June 22, 2015 and ends on July 27, 2015. To be eligible, your photograph must clearly feature an Autocar truck festively and tastefully decorated for the 4th of July holiday or participating in a patriotic event associated with the holiday. By entering the contest you agree to the official rules. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. The contest is open only to residents of the United States, and void where prohibited. Residents must be 18 years of age or older. Internet access is required to participate in the contest. Employees or agents of Autocar, LLC, Autocar Industries, LLC or their respective distributors or affiliates, and their immediate family members are not eligible. Proof of eligibility, age and identity must be furnished upon request.
• Photos must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to https://www.facebook.com/AutocarTrucks
• There is no entry fee.
• Submissions close at midnight, EDT on July 13, 2015.
Additional Contest Rules:
• All submissions must be solely the work of the participant. The photograph must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and by submitting the photo the participant certifies that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
• Unless the photograph is taken in a public forum, participants must have obtained written permission for each person whose name or likeness is included in the submission; permission regarding a person less than eighteen (18) years old must be given by that person’s parent or legal guardian. Upon request, you must provide copies of all written permissions.
• All submissions become the non-exclusive property of Autocar, are eligible for use in any future publicity and publications, and will not be returned. By entering this contest Participants assign to Autocar all right, title, and interest in and to their submission including, without limitation, all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, without compensation or acknowledgement (other than the prizes awarded as set forth in these official rules). Autocar reserves the right to decline to accept, display or use the submission for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and there is no guarantee that Autocar will make use of any rights granted to Autocar in any submission. By entering the contest, Participants grant Autocar a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard purposes.
• Image requirements:
o File formats: .jpg, .png or .tiff
o Minimum dimension: 640 pixels in height and width (however, for consideration for inclusion in the 2016 Autocar Calendar photos must be a minimum of 1,920 pixels high and 2,400 pixels wide).
o Do not modify beyond ordinary color, brightness, and contrast correction in Photoshop.
o Do not apply a watermark, date mark or insert other text of any kind.
o Submitted files must be named according to the following convention: Lastname_Firstname_photo location_ company_number.jpg Examples: Smith_Joanne_Chicago_Perk Refuse_1.jpg, or Smith_Joanne_Highland Park_Haulers, Inc._2.jpg
• Finalists will be required to submit the following information, upon request:
o Name of the Participant
o Address of the Participant (including street address, zip code, city and state)
o Email address of the Participant
o Name of the owner of the truck
o Location where photo was taken
o Date photo was taken
o Description of the photo that could be used as a caption (who is in the photo, what’s going on, motivation behind decoration, etc.)
o Model and year of truck, if known
• Photos that do not meet the above specifications or have sufficient quality will be excluded from consideration for selection as a Finalist.
• Participants agree to refrain from making any image submitted to this contest available to any other entity for a fee.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these rules.
Each submission will be evaluated and judged by Autocar, LLC employees. The Finalist submissions selected in the sole discretion of the judges will be available for public viewing and voting on the Autocar Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AutocarTrucks. Finalists will be chosen based on the originality, creativity, composition, and photo quality of the submitted photograph
The Finalist images will be available for voting via the Autocar Trucks Facebook page above for approximately two (2) weeks. Fans will be asked to “Like” the photo that best shows an Autocar truck and captures the 4th of July spirit. The submission with the highest number of "Likes" at Midnight, EDT, July 27, 2015, will be the Grand Prize Winner.
Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes incurred upon acceptance of a prize. Winners will not receive any monetary compensation for participating in the contest.
Autocar reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Autocar determines that the contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Autocar’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the contest. In the event of tampering or unauthorized intervention, Autocar reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue.
Participant’s submission constitutes his/her permission for Autocar to use his/her name, voice, likeness, and biography for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law).
For questions, email email@example.com.